Wednesday 9 May 2012

Today was an average day of generic vegetable and actually quite exciting salmon stir-fry, so not really anything to write home about (talking of which, letters are so underestimated. I LOVE LETTERS. I am trying to write a thank you letter to my French friend's family I stayed with a few days ago but I've bitten off more than I can chew with the prospect of filling a whole side of A4 with French expressions of gratification). It's pretty much just baby sweetcorn, spinach, courgette and grated carrot with pre cooked salmon (courtesy of my darling madre, who is getting quite a few mentions in this blog, but if you are bored of your cupboard supplies then maybe suggest to your mum you might love a surprise Tescos online delivery), a squeeze of lemon juice and some sweet soya bean sauce (I bought mine in a Chinese shop in Lancaster when I was visiting a friend in true keeno/slightly mental style as it is a HUGE bottle and I had to carry it back cradled in my arms on the train to stop it from smashing and leaking ooze all over my bags). Although droopy and quite tricky to eat with a fork, this stir fry is made A WHOLE WORLD BETTER when eaten alongside a reading of Jack Kerouac's On The Road (certainly one of my bbfls), as what the meal lacks in fast paced exciting times, the book 100% makes up for. I massively guarantee a read of any of Kerouac's stuff will be a fab idea, especially over the summer. Be warned of reading it when you are a) in the middle of exams b) stuck in a dead end job or c) in possession of a fast and/or expensive car as it WILL make you want to travel and drive dangerously. The song that I think goes pretty well with this little ensemble is Ben Howard's new and way better version of Call Me Maybe located...here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPU8V-nvUEk , solely for the reason that Hattie* plays it on repeat over and over again, so it needs to creep its way on to here in some form or another.
* names have not been changed

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like my ideal evening!! (and incidentally, what I'm now cooking tonight) Keep up the awesome suggestions.

    ReplyDelete